Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)

by - November 19, 2018

TITLE: Escaping Destiny
SERIES: The Fae Chronicles, #3
AUTHOR: Amelia Hutchins
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, New Adult
RELEASE DATE: 15th February 2014
WHERE TO BUY: Amazon
BOOK BLURB:
I thought things couldn't get worse. I was wrong. 
I found out what I really wanted and was forced to give him up. Just as I found out who I really am, I was presented to the elusive Horde King as a gift. 
This was the mystical being I was hidden from for more than twenty years.
Although Ryder promised to save me, I couldn't let him get near this creature, so I willingly (sort of) signed myself over to be his new plaything.
Now in the Horde Realm, nothing is going remotely like I thought it would.
My powers and emotions are on the fritz, and each day seems to bring surprises that I am not sure how to deal with. 
The Horde King thinks he has me exactly where he wants me. He thinks he has taken all of my options away. 
I still have choices. 
Embracing what destiny has planned for me, or escaping it.

THE REHASH 


  • The story continued where it left off from Taunting Destiny. It ended with Synthia being given to the Horde King who have immense power and can take the air from you.
  • I knew it! Ryder is the Horde King. Omg. Sooo, he killed the original King, Alazander. He was his first born son. They are all fed up with the abuse the Fae suffered from the hands of Alazander. And seeing how Dristan was stabbed by his father, put him into action and killed Alazander, free the women from the pavilion and other prisoners that were abused.
  • Synthia now knew she's pregnant with Ryder's child.
  • Ryder explained things about why and what made him killed his father.
  • Hormones a bitch, I tell. Ya. So yeah I do understand Syn and her crying lmao.
  • I do think Ryder knew her body but emotionally, Ristan knew her on that level. He understand Syn.
  • Okay, basically the story revolves with Syn trying to come to terms about her pregnancy. She was locked up in the castle. By that I just meant she's not allowed to sift to the Human world or go looking for the Faolan or anything else while she's pregnant. 
  • She's learning Fae History and some minor practice just to keep her active and in shape while pregnant. Nothing much happen until you get to almost 50%? Yeah, it was not that boring. I mean nothing important happened so I didn't have anything to write about. Nothing worthy but it was not boring if you read it yourself. 
  • Soooo. They are in search of the relics. They brought Syn with them. They had to go to the Labyrinth and need to do it human mode. By that I just meant no using of magic including sifting or else they'd risk to do it all over again. After 2 weeks the event that worth mentioning is that: 
    • Ristan suddenly decapitated Ryder. Well, fake Ryder. They are under a shield and the real Ryder and the rest of the gang are outside of it. 
    • Only Ristan and Syn are in because Syn choose Ristan as her bodyguard. And then when all the fakes are dead, Danu, the Goddess, showed up. 
    • Explaining some things and how they would now enter the labyrinth. 
    • Yep, just the two of them. Btw, Danu apparently liked to fuck with the Demon's head.
    • So yeah, yay! They got the relic. Eish. Nothing worth mentioning. Honestly.
  • Did I mention that Synthia is pregnant with Twins? Yeah. She is. 
    • And then Ryder is already besotted with another Fae. He signed a contract before Syn was ever born. 
    • So the issue for Syn is that she doesn't wanna be a 'whore' of Ryder. Because she's technically a concubine once he marries that other Horde Fae. 
    • He'll be expected to bed that Fae and that does not sit right with Synthia.
  • After getting back, they have this coronation for Ryder. And they were called one by one and I'm with Synthia here because
    • WHAT THE FUCK?! ALL OF RYDER'S MEN ARE HIS BROTHERS?! FROM Z TO RISTAN TO AODHAN TO DRISTAN AND THE REST OF THE 13! THE FUCK?! AND VLAD IS HIS COUSIN!!
    • Yep they are all related. I honestly thought that they just like to call each other Brother because men. But nope, they are real brothers. All of the 13. Lol. Color us surprise.
  • The Mages attacked the castle. Ristan and Syn are in this shield where no one can enter besides the caster. The mages are invisible and was also inside that barrier. Ristan was stabbed multiple times while protecting Syn. They got that God thingy where if put into your body you are powerless. So yeah, Ristan was stabbed and Syn's horrified. Danu came in and told her she need to come into terms with her power. For Ristan, she did.
    • Syn finally came into terms of her power. She killed the mages really easily.
    • Btw Ristan is alive. Eliran and Alannah (Ristan's mother) saved him.
  • The next day this happened:
    • Ryder -- He broke off his engagement to Cornelius' daughter, Abiagael. The prick wanted power and is using her daughter to gain it.But Ryder won't let her. He said that Abiagael can choose from his brothers but won't let them force it. If it's their will then he's fine with it.
    • Syn -- Danu appeared to Syn and explained another Fae history and her lineage. Apparently Danu is Synthia's mother. Took the egg from her own womb and put it to Syn's surrogate mother Madisyn, without the other knowing about it.
  • The book ended with Ristan getting a vision of war with Faolan and the Mages.
REHASHED BY:
LEXIE

You May Also Like

0 comments